Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #16: Mini Shell Pasta with a Creamy Smoked Bacon and Pea Sauce

I must admit, I had been losing faith. With all but two of the pasta dishes cooked, I had found several that were okay but bland, one that was really nasty, and only one that was really good. I was even rethinking my plan of working through the whole book in order.

Fortunately, tonight's effort was really good. As I had thought, the previous dishes were lacking specifically in meat, and so the addition of bacon to this one resolved the problem. The only slight glitch was that the sauce was a bit on the runny side, but that was caused by the permafrost on the peas (note to self: defrost them before use next time). In any case, it was not a disaster.

So, that would be 4-2 against for the chapter, with one to go. If that one works out, it will be only a very narrow defeat. Here's hoping.

Next week, we have "Cherry Tomato Sauce with Cheat's Fresh Pasta". Should be good.

No comments: