Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #42: Meaty Bolognese Sauce

This week's experimental cookery was an alternate take on a Bolognese sauce - I have been using Jamie's version for some time, but I did find that the Hairy Dieter's chilli con carne was a better version than Jamie's, so it made sense to at least try their Bolognese. This one came from their first book (the white cover).

In truth, it was a mistake to cook this up on a weeknight - it took about forty minutes before everything was in the pot and simmering, and then a further hour simmering. Had I realised this, I would either not have bothered or would have made very sure to get started on it the moment I got home, rather than making today's lunch first.

The end result was nice... but not any better than Jamie's version. That being the case, we'll be sticking with that, unless and until I try another alternative.

No comments: