Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Day 150: Update on... Stuff

It's day 150, so time for another update. It's going to be a really short update this time, as there's really not much to say on most of the topics:

Books: By day 150, I 'should' be at 24.66 books read. At the time of writing, I'm currently about halfway through book 24, so I'm a little behind.

In terms of the actual goal I set, I've made no progress since last time. That's mostly just a consequence of just not getting as much reading done as you might expect. I think it's still possible to catch up, but I'm not terribly confident.

One thing that's of note here, though, is that I now have copies of all of the required books in stock. It actually amounts to ten more books to read, as "The Complete Works of Shakespeare" and "Hamlet" only count as one but "The Faraway Tree Collection" has four individual volumes. Of course, that means I'd need to do more than one a month to get through them all this year.

Band: There's nothing to report here - we've been practising through the winter, and on Saturday we have the first of our Gala Days for the year. However, this is, deliberately, a much lower-stress environment than the competition season, so I won't be blogging about it in detail.

Gaming: I'm still involved in the work game, which is going fine, and have done a very small amount of blogging over on the Imaginarium. However, I'm increasingly leaning towards thinking of myself as an ex-gamer.

Perhaps one thing of note: I've decided to abandon my notion of a 30th Anniversary game - after a very brief burst of enthusiasm, almost nobody actually signed up, and I found that finding the time to prepare something was turning into a real pain. So unless there's an outcry in the next two months (that is, by the start of August), I'm going to let that slide.

Weight: Mixed fortunes here - I've continued at the gym, which is good, but not really lost any weight.

Blogging: I slipped behind my preferred rate of blogging, both here and on the Imaginarium. In the last month I've made up a little ground here, and so am just a few posts behind my preferred target of an average of 10 posts a month. On the Imaginarium, there was nothing at all in April and not a great deal for most of the rest of the year. Mostly, that's just a consequence of not actually being involved in any serious gaming.

And that's everything. Not much to report this time, but that's no bad thing!

#23: "Walking on Glass", by Iain Banks

No comments: