Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Goodbye

Today at dinner time I was forced to say goodbye to an old friend:


Yes, today was the day that my stockpile finally ran out - some eight months after the end was announced, and some six months after it became difficult to find any of the original recipe. I'd been rationing it, and then cut the ration about a month ago, but the end finally came.

Fortunately, I had exactly the glass to drink it from:


Unfortunately, today also marks the point at which I'm giving up hope that Barr's will rethink their decision to remove the old formula for sale. I've held out as long as I can, but the time has come to give up. Alas.

(All that said, I do still have one more ultra-secret supply hidden away for a special occasion or two, and I also do have a line on a very small amount elsewhere... But, as of today Irn Bru will no longer be a regular fixture in my life.)

1 comment:

Kezzie said...

Oh wow, they are changing the recipe??!?!! It always makes me laugh when I hear about Irn Bru obsessives (usually Scottish or Geordie!!) - as a child, the idea of it always horrified me so I never tried it! Well, I hope that life post- Irn Bru is bearable for you! :-)