Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Ant Man and the Wasp

LC and I never made it out to the cinema for the first "Ant Man" film - it was one of the MCU films that didn't quite grab us and so we let it go past (this was also true of "Captain America: the First Avenger", "Thor", and "Doctor Strange"). However, we did pick up the blu-ray and did enjoy the film a great deal, and also Ant Man's presence in "Civil War". So we were looking forward to this film quite a bit. Though not enough to insist on going to see it right away - indeed, Sunday was pretty much our last opportunity as it's now only on daytime showings at our local cinema.

So, we saw the film on Sunday, and... meh. I'm afraid I just wasn't overly impressed. Basically, it all felt like more of the same - we saw various ant-related tricks, we saw Giant Man, there were the same jokes, and the cutaway exposition section, and the cameo, and Paul Rudd rushing around making sure he's not caught where he shouldn't be...

All in all, I came away rather disappointed - I had expected more. Which was a shame. On the plus side, they did explain why Ant Man wasn't in "Infinity War"... but then, I didn't really need to know that. Presumably, though, it will be a plot point in "Avengers 4".

Anyway, I'm afraid this is one to skip.

No comments: