Monday, November 26, 2018

Trust

Over the past couple of weeks, LC and I have been watching our way through "Trust". (Given that most TV is now highly serialised, it makes sense where possible to record a whole series and then watch it quickly. We could have used iPlayer to the same effect... but didn't.)

Anyway, it's... okay, I guess. It had very strong performances from Donald Sutherland, Brendan Fraser, and, especially, Hilary Swank, but it was really lacking in sympathetic characters (there were, by my count, two). Plus, it didn't help that I watched "All the Money in the World" earlier in the year, which was a somewhat different take on the same story. I expect it would be interesting to know the actual truth of what happened, but since nobody now knows for sure that's unlikely.

What I can't believe, though, is that they're planning a second series of the show - this one a prequel series to tell how Getty came to be the way he was depicted... or, at least, one possible point of view on that. I'll pass, thanks.

Anyway, that was ten hours more-or-less enjoyably spent. Next up will be "Little Drummer Girl", though again I intend to let all six episodes air before starting.

#55: "Pathfinder: Runeplague", by Richard Pett

No comments: