Monday, November 19, 2018

The Emergency Mug Anecdote

As I've noted before, everyone loves a mug anecode. So, since it has been a while, here's today's exciting tale...

Halfway to work this morning I suddenly realised I'd left my new jar of coffee at home. This was followed almost immediately by the realisation that I'd left my coffee mug at home also. Disaster upon disaster!

Fortunately, I have an emergency mug hidden away in the office, in preparation for a situation exactly like this one. It is a simple black mug emblazoned with the name of my employer on the side, which I received as part of the company's welcome pack.

So all's well that ends well - I was able to bring the emergency mug into operation for this week, and am making use of the office supply of coffee for today, until I can make another attempt to bring some in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Steph/ven said...

I've just spotted that I've had an entire jar of coffee sitting in my desk drawer all week.

This anecdote gets worse all the time!