Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Day 100: Update on Goals

At the time of the previous update, I'd been having a really bad few weeks - 2019 had been a bit of a disaster. Fortunately, the weeks since then have seen a marked improvement in our fortunes, at least as far as our personal lives have been concerned. (Obviously, the political scene has sucked, and continues to be a complete mess, but that's another rant...)

Anyway, it's time for an update on goals:

  • Books: By day 100 I should have read 16 and a half books, and I'm right on target. On the topic of The List, I'm still working through "Anna Karenina". As noted, it's looking very unlikely that I'll achieve 12 books this year, and am extremely unlikely to complete the British part of The List - this is one of the easiest of the remaining titles!
  • Weight: I've managed a modest drop, which is a decent start, largely as a consequence of giving up Coke almost entirely recently. Those liquid calories are a killer!
  • Blogging: I'm all caught up here, so that's good.
  • Redecorate the Study: Our plan is to tackle this next week, while we're both on holiday and while Funsize is at nursery.
  • The To-Do List: At the time that this post goes live (I have it scheduled to post automatically), we should be just starting the process of repainting our dining room. The plan here is mostly to do a patch job, rather than a full repaint - we're going to redo the walls in as close to the same colour as before as possible, and try to get away with one coat and skipping the edging. We'll see how that goes - it may just not work, in which case we have some time this week to revisit the job. Either way, I expect it done by the end of the week.
    My expectation is that that will take the To Do list down to five items. That's pretty good going - and with the exception of the digital declutter I hope to be done by the next update.

And that's that. The goals are actually, mostly, in a good place. See you in another 50 days!

#14: "The Steep Approach to Garbadale", by Iain Banks
#15: "The Magician's Nephew", by C.S. Lewis (a book for Funsize)
#16: "Pathfinder: Eulogy for Roslar's Coffer", by Jason Keeley

No comments: