Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Experimental Cookery 2021: Tandoori Chicken, and Mint & Coriander Chutney

Two more from the same spice kit as previously, these are both more or less as the name implies.

The Tandoori chicken was easy to prepare, but did involve a long marinade step (which meant it was delayed a day). The chutney proved to be much easier than I had initially expected, as a stick blender did almost all of the work.

In terms of result, the Tandoori chicken was very nice but would, I think, be better if finished on a barbeque. Certainly, I plan to do this again in summer when that will be a possibility. The chutney was okay, but really needed more mint and coriander - it was just a little bland. To be honest, I'm not sure I'll bother with that one again.

And that's that. There will be another recipe from this pack next week...

#7: "Sharpe's Revenge", by Bernard Cornwell
#8: "The Alchemist", by Paulo Coelho (a book from The List - seventeen to go)

No comments: