Thursday, April 14, 2022

Experimental Cookery 2022: Kitchari

This one came from the Hairy Bikers' "One Pot Wonders". It was quick-ish and easy to put together, resulting in a huge pot of food in short order.

The verdict: yeah, it was a good one. There are a couple of things I would do differently in future - I wouldn't add more liquid partway through the simmer stage, as this led to the meal being more soupy than I would prefer; I would use different, less strong, chillis at the end to reduce the heat; and I'd make less of it in general, as two people don't need four servings!

But this is definitely one we'd have again, taking our menu of good vegetarian options up to five - one short of my threshold for having enough. Given that I have two more candidates waiting in the wings, we look to be in a good place.

No comments: