Monday, November 28, 2022

Baking with Funsize #7: Jam Layer Flapjacks

This one came from Nadiya Hussain's latest TV series, by way of the BBC website. (I believe the recipe also appears in her latest book, "Nadiya Bakes Everyday".)

The flapjacks were nice and easy to make, and ideally suited for baking with Funsize. Indeed, unlike a lot of the previous efforts, this one held her attention throughout, which is good.

The flapjacks came out very well. I did make one big mistake, in that I cut the flapjacks too early. In highsight, after they had cooled "completely" I should have moved them into the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting. (I also made up a batch of brownies yesterday, and exactly the same was true there - chill and then cut.)

As anticipated, the end result is very nice - soft and squidgy with just the right sharpness from the jam, and a nice layering of chocolate. Huzzah!

#31: "Shogun", by James Clavell (a book from The List - three to go)


No comments: