Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Anticipation Builds

Unless I've forgotten someone, I've now completed my Christmas shopping. Not only that, but I have all the presents in hand, wrapped, and under the tree. I'm only sending two Christmas cards this year (for environmental reasons), and one of these two has been dealt with. All of which means that I have more or less completed all of the things I 'have' to do for Christmas.

I'm now into the phase of Christmas that I really enjoy - the stresses are dealt with, which means I'm now able to just sit back and relax. Maybe with a mince pie.

Huzzah!

(None of that is really to brag about this. The end of November and the first days of December were pretty fraught as I tried to get all this in hand. I'm just noting my preference to get these things done with in a flurry of activity, instead of spreading them out into a longer, but perhaps less intense, period.)

#32: "Scoundrel", by Bernard Cornwell
#33: "Adventures in Zeitgeist", by Ryan Nock

No comments: