Wednesday, December 28, 2022

The Curse of Soft Play

I do not have a happy relationship with soft play.

At the tail-end of the pandemic I attempted to take Funsize to soft play, only to be ripped off - they refused Funsize entry despite her having a valid ticket and then absolutely refused to refund that ticket. Needless to say, I won't be going back there again.

Then, in August, while Lady Chocolat was on an inservice day I attempted to take Funsize and Surprise! to soft play (a different one), only to find that they were absolutely full. There was another session, but that was too late. And so there were tears and recriminations.

Today we took Funsize and Surprise! to the same soft play. This time we had pre-booked tickets and timed our arrival to coincide with the session starting. Huzzah! Except that I've managed to get my car badly scraped all along one side.

That said, it may be that it's that car that's cursed - since I got it, indeed since before I actually got it, it has had one problem after another.

And that said, today has just been a rank rotten day from start to finish. So maybe it's that.

No comments: