Thursday, November 24, 2022

Flush!

When we first moved into the house we had more toilets than people. That has, of course, gradually reversed. However, one of the toilets, the one in the main bathroom, never worked terribly well - the flush was unreliable, and when it did work it was a feeble thing.

I've had various goes at fixing it, with no real success. A couple of months ago I thought I had cracked it - it stopped working entirely, I made an adjustment, and then it worked. Huzzah!

But on Monday it gae up again, this time completely, and this time beyond my ability to do anything about it.

Anyway, long story short, we've had the flushing mechanism replaced, and now it works properly, for the first time since we moved in. Additionally, the new mechanism is a much better design, so the hope is that this one will now keep working rather more reliably than the last.

Huzzah! - for real this time.

No comments: