Friday, April 07, 2023

A Suggestion

For the benefit of Google, Amazon and the like: if I spend some time searching for some big-ticket item (a BBQ for instance) and then I stop searching for said item, that's probably a decent indicator that I've made a purchase. Indeed, there's a very good chance that you know I've made that purchase, especially if you're Amazon.

In that case, it's probably not such a good idea to spend the next several months pushing adverts for BBQs (or whatever) into my feed - there is no world in which I need more than one. Can I humbly suggest that a better approach, if you absolutely must, would be to send me adverts for BBQ accessories? Because while having your adverts foisted upon me is inherently annoying, at least they're marginally less annoying that way.

No comments: