Monday, April 10, 2023

Day 100: Update on Goals

100 days into 2023, so here's the latest update:

  • Books: I have now read six books this year, having completed exactly one since the previous update (and that one was in progress when 2023 started!). It's fair to say I won't be reaching 60 books this year! I have started the second of the three books from The List, but am making really slow progress. Still, there's time enough to think this goal should be completed by the end of the year.
  • Blogging: I should really have completed 32 posts by this point in the year, so I'm a good bit behind. I'm also rather behind at the Imaginarium also. That said, I did make up some ground in March, so it's not impossible that I'll catch up. We'll see.
  • Redecorating: A very small amount of progress here - I changed Surprise!'s cot into a bed yesterday. The rest of the task remains as it was, but that's not a massive problem, I think. That said, we'll need to figure out when we're going to do any of the other parts, since I have absolutely no free time, and all my holidays are long since assigned.
  • Other stuff: The main home PC died a rather spectacular death and has now been replaced (as recounted at length elsewhere). LC's laptop has also been consigned to the past, with a replacement due imminently. This was unfortunate, as I wasn't sure what the budget for a replacement was, so we've taken a best guess. I'm now enjoying my Easter break, which I'll probably blog about more once I get back. The Summer holiday is now mostly booked, with only two things I'm aware of needing locked down (and a big bill to pay).

I remain confident that all three goals will complete by the end of the year, but I'm very glad I didn't set any others, because even this rather unambitious set is proving challenging.

No comments: