Friday, April 21, 2023

Picard Season Three

As I've mentioned before, I rather enjoyed the first season of Picard, but for a rather disappointing finale. I thought the second season started extremely well, but then collapsed into an awful mess. So I came to the third season with seriously mixed feelings.

The good news is that having finished it this morning, I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable. Yes, there were details here and there I didn't care for, and some of the fan service was rather extreme, but I felt it told a good story, told it well, and gave the Next Generation crew the send off that Nemesis really failed to give them.

I'll not say any more than that, due to the risk of spoilers, but I will note that the show ends by setting up a potential successor series that I would very much like to see. Which is great!

No comments: