Saturday, September 30, 2023

The Dream

For the past few years we have had milk delivered to our door. Consequently, the dream has always been to get up before the milk is delivered. ("The dream" doesn't need to make sense; it just is.) I had actually assumed that this was impossible - when I returned home after Grandma's funeral I found the milk waiting for me at half past midnight that night, so getting up before that would be madness.

However, since we adopted Lion I have been responsible for the morning walk on weekdays, and that has seen me leaving the house at 6.15. And the last twice we have had a milk delivery, I've returned from that walk just as the milkman has gotten to our house.

So, huzzah, the dream has been fulfilled!

The downside now is that I need a new dream...

(Incidentally, prior to Covid we had milk deliveries at the office. And on exactly one occasion I made it to the office before the milk arrived. So the dream was fulfilled there, too. We don't have milk deliveries any longer, though that isn't really anything to do with me.)

No comments: