Tuesday, June 27, 2006

World Cup update

Is it just me, or has this World Cup just kinda sucked? There seem to have been hardly any goals, not a lot of skill on show, and few teams really showing us what they can do. I'm sure the last one was better (and not just because I got to watch the matches at work).

The most notable thing about the World Cup has been the absolutely abysmal refereeing. To many dodgy decisions, too many cards, too many sendings-off. I'm sorry, but to have had two games with more than three red cards each is just too many. Something isn't right here.

2 comments:

Julietbec said...

I thought I'd say hi here, but obviously I am not going to talk to you about football any further.

Aaaarrgghhh!

Captain Ric said...

I've not felt the intensity this year that I have in previous years. Perhaps I'm just older. But perhaps it's because I've not really picked a team to support absolutely. It's always better when your team comes from behind to get put out on goal difference.