Thursday, November 20, 2008

Water water everywhere...

I'm defrosting the smaller of my two fridges. I do this in the knowledge that it is not a good idea, but also that it is a task that simply has to be done. Over the past several months, the freezer compartment of this fridge (which is too small of be of any actual use) has gradually filled completely with ice. I'd been ignoring this, as I don't actually use that compartment, but I'm also aware that should I move, as I hope to do quite soon, I would have to put the power off, which would create quite a mess.

I am therefore making quite a mess while still present in the apartment. I'm not sure just why that is considered an improvement.

Anyway, the task is now almost complete. The block of ice became sufficiently loosened to remove from the freezer to the sink, where it was broken up with some hot water. Now all that remains is several hours of dripping and drying.

Once this is done, I think I'll leave the power off on this fridge. I'll work solely from my own, larger fridge, and accept that my ability to chill has therefore been reduced.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

humph.
When I lived in France the same thing happened to us. Only we only had one fridge. And the whole business broke it!
Fortunately the nice landlords said to keep everything downstairs in their fridge and just pop up and down whenever we wanted!
But it was still a pain!
Good luck
x

Chris said...

What kind of pain?

A pain au chocolat?

Captain Ric said...

... must ... resist ... cool ... joke ...