Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #19: My Sweet & Sour Pork

I'm not a big fan of pork. It's not one of my food nemeses, but it's also something I don't seek out, as a rule. I generally find it quite a fatty and unpleasant meat to eat. Therefore, I had some doubts about this meal. And, indeed, I noted in my previous post in this series that my even attempting this dish was contingent on me finding some really good quality meat to use.

Well, this dish was a revelation. It was very different from any sweet & sour dishes I've had before, firstly for not being a nuclear orange colour, and secondly for actually having some heat to it. Quite a bit of heat, really.

But it was good. Very, very good. I will definately have this again.

So, this would be 2-0 for Mr Oliver in the "Tasty Stir Fries" chapter of his book. He needs only one more to put this round beyond doubt. And the next one might just do it: "Hardly-any-Prep Prawn Stir-Fry". (Or it might not; it is fish, after all.)

Also, a big downside of all this fancy cooking nonsense: the washing up is a pain.

No comments: