Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Well, I'm back

The move to the new apartment went extremely smoothly. Indeed, we picked up the hire van just after 8 in the morning, and had returned it by 3 in the afternoon, job done. There then followed several days of moving things around, getting and assembling furniture, and taking of things out of boxes.

The new apartment is a massive step up, and not merely because it is up two flights rather than just one (ho ho). In addition to being bigger and just plain nicer than the previous apartment, it is also actually possible to maintain a reasonable level of warmth, even without running the heating near-constantly.

(On the plus side regarding the previous apartment, I did get back my security deposit. This was a double surprise, both in that I got it back at all, which I didn't really expect, and that I got it back quite so quickly.)

Naturally, not everything went as smoothly. The Sky guy came, weighed up the situation, and decided he couldn't install the dish at the time. The rescheduled visit is not until Saturday. And, of course, my broadband connection hasn't been set up correctly. Both these problems seem depressingly familiar.

Still, I'm sure these will get sorted out in the near future. I'll blog some more soon, as time permits, including such delights as my adventure in Ikea, a musing on chapters, and not one but two Experimental Cookery Tuesdays.

No comments: