Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #6: Spaghetti con Gamberetti e Rucola

Oddly, I've just spotted that my Experimental Cookery series for 2015 has a numbering issue - it jumped from #3 to #6. I've no idea how that happened, but have now corrected the mistake. The downside of that is that it means I'm still behind - I had hoped to do one a week through this year, which means #7 should really be being posted today. Oh well.

Anyway, last night's dinner came from "Jamie's Italy", and featured lots of spahgetti, prawns cooked in a quick sauce, and rocket (one of my least favourite leaves, but there you go).

The meal was pretty easy to prepare, although there was a moment of some concern when the pan went en flambe (which wasn't in the recipe!). I also misjudged the timing somewhat - I should have had the spahgetti mostly cooked before I even started on the sauce. As it was, I had to keep the sauce waiting while the spahgetti finished off.

I also made a slight mistake with the dried chilli, in that I included the amount indicated by the recipe, which was too much. So the resulting meal was intensely hot, to the point where I promptly had to rush out and get some ice cream.

It was nice, though. A couple of tweaks for next time, and it will probably become one of our favourites, probably on a par with the chorizo carbonara.

(Just as well, really. Monday's dinner was pretty rank, being fish from the "Inspirations" range, served with badly overcooked oven chips. Not exactly my best moment.)

No comments: