Thursday, October 18, 2018

Officially Unpacked

In "The Incredibles", there's a scene where Helen Parr tells Bob that they're now officially moved in - although they've lived in their then-current house for some years, she's only just now unpacked the last box. At the weekend we hit that threshold for our house, after only one year of living there.

The thing is, that last box contained a number of largish miniatures, that had been carefully sealed in bubble wrap to protect them during the move. However, after the move was done and things re-arranged, I found I didn't have a good place to put them. More or less the only available open space was directly in front of some document stores that I would need to periodically (albeit infrequently) need to access. So not exactly the best place to put some fragile items!

And so, they stayed in that box and quietly annoyed me for the past year. But now, having decluttered some of my RPG books, I suddenly found myself with a free shelf - ideal storage for those miniatures. Huzzah!

(There's no greater moral to this story, nor any other significance. I just thought it was worthy of a blog post to note that we've reached another milestone!)

No comments: