Thursday, October 18, 2018

Where The To-Do List Failed

As I've mentioned before, after we moved in I constructed a fairly lengthy to-do list. This worked quite well for a while before getting bogged down. The two tasks that really defeated my efforts were clearing the garage and sorting out the home cinema cables - I even managed to get both of these partially done but then ran out of steam and found it really difficult to get motivated to finish them off.

My efforts to clear my revised to-do list have been going quite well, but they've hit a bit of a roadblock - the highest priority task that remains is now sorting out the home theatre cables, and that's just killing my motivation. (And, unfortunately, that's probably also the least horrible of the remaining tasks - the other three big tasks that remain are to clear out the spare room (which has become the dumping ground while dealing with everything else upstairs), sorting the kitchen, and clearing the garage.)

Which means that the revised to-do list has failed in exactly the same place, and for exactly the same reason as the previous list. And that failure is continuing to bug me in exactly the same way. Grr.

That said, there is something that is a bit different this time - a year ago, I wanted to get the home cinema cables sorted out. This year, they desperately need to get sorted out - Funsize has thus far only crawled once and hasn't yet realised the joy of unfastened cables, but both of those things are going to change very fast. So either those cables need tied down urgently, or the whole surround sound system is going to have to go into storage for a few years. (Although, actually, that might not be the worst idea...)

No comments: