Saturday, October 27, 2018

Day 300: Update on... Stuff

And so it's already time for the penultimate update on goals for the year. The next, and final, one will be the end-of-year wash up. How are things?

Books: By day 300, I 'should' be at 49.31 books read. I'm pretty much on target, despite "Midnight's Children" taking an age to get through. So that's good.

As noted previously, though, I won't complete my stated goal for the year - the books that remained on that half of The List were just too long for the year.

Blogging: I'm actually ahead on this blog, and caught up on The Imaginarium! I certainly didn't expect the latter, but it's a good place to be.

The To-do List: This is proceeding apace, following the Modified House Move Strategy I mentioned previously. All the tasks in the upstairs of the house are now complete, and the downstairs is underway. There is a big task of actually moving out the various things that we've selected for donation/disposal, but that's not too horrible. Of some more concern is that the remaining tasks are increasingly nasty, and progress has therefore crawled to a halt.

My intent now is to try to make a big push in November and try to get as much done as possible. Once we get into December, and the preparations for Christmas take precedence, I'll ditch whatever remains of the list. Then, come January I'll repeat the exercise of rebuilding it from nothing.

And that's everything, I think.

#49: "Midnight's Children", by Salman Rushdie (a book from The List)

1 comment:

Kezzie said...

You're doing very well with goals! I am not doing so well!