Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Interesting...

I see Brendan Rodgers is to leave Celtic. I'm slightly surprised by this, but only slightly - I wonder how much fun there really is in just winning everything with no real challenge.

Though, ironically, his leaving may mean that there actually is some real challenge for the remainder of the year - after Celtic went out of Europe last week, I expected them to go on a big unbeaten run until the end of the season, but it's just possible that the loss of their manager might unsettle them just enough to let Rangers close some of the gap. Maybe - we'll see.

I do wonder who is next for the hot seat. It sounds like Neil Lennon may be back in the short term, and actually I think Celtic could do worse than to give him the job on a permanent basis - and there would be something poetic about the manager who started the run to 10 be the same man who brings it to a conclusion. If, indeed, Celtic do reach that landmark. Then again, if Celtic really have pretentions of doing something in Europe, I suspect they'll need a bigger name for the role.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out from here.

No comments: