Monday, December 30, 2019

Experimental Cookery 2019: Roast Dinner Soup

For reasons of family drama (long story), I was compelled to cook a roast beef dinner last night. Naturally, there was too much, and therefore there was a significant quantity of leftovers. Fortunately, I've picked up Hugh's "Love Your Leftovers" book, which provided the source for today's lunch.

This was quick and easy - basically, put everything into a pot, cover with stock, and simmer for a bit. I actually added yet more stuff, effectively making it a "whatever's in the fridge" soup, which was fine.

The soup was okay - a good way to use stuff up, without necessarily being something I'd generate leftovers specifically so I can have it again. Though it did suffer the indignity of a double rejection - Funsize first refused the roast beef yesterday, and then the soup today. I'm also making a noodly beef lunch tomorrow, and so running the risk of the dreaded triple rejection...

And that's that. This will, of course, be the final Experimental Cookery of 2019. I hope it was worth it!

No comments: