Monday, December 02, 2019

Experimental Cookery 2019: Slow-cooker Lasagne

It's important that I provide proper attribution for this one: this meal was made by LC rather than me. It comes from the BBC Good Food website.

The slow cooker lasagne is fairly quick and easy to made - there was an initial stage of making up the filling, then it was a case of layering them in the slow cooker, and then it was just a case of letting it do the work. Which, really, is the big advantage of a slow cooker. This was definitely a boon - which lasagne is not terribly difficult to make, it is very time consuming; this one was much less so.

The results were pretty good. I had to eat mine reheated after my band performance, so I probably didn't get it at its best, but it was a nice, filling meal. Coupled with plenty of garlic bread and a huge salad, it made for a very satisfying dinner. Basically, I liked it, is what I'm saying.

It is probably worth noting that this will not dislodge my current lasagne method of choice (which comes from Lorraine Pascale), but this is definitely a nice option to have available as a low-hassle alternative.

No comments: