Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Experimental Cookery 2020: Macaroni Cheese

For Christmas I received a copy of the Hairy Bikers' "One Pot Wonders", and so yesterday's meal was the first foray into this book.

On the positive side, this was pretty quick and very easy to put together, and it was certainly a boon having only a single pot to wash up afterwards (even though I didn't do that washing up, I should note).

Unfortunately, the results were not ideal. We found that the meal was surprisingly bland. We also found that the quantities were off - as far as I could tell, they used about twice as much pasta as the meal really should have had. This meant we were left with a fairly large amount of not-very-tasty pasta that is going to end up in the food waste bin, which isn't great.

I do think I could probably adjust this one for better results, by reducing the amount of pasta, and adjusting both the quanitities and type(s) of cheese. However, I'm not sure I'll bother - we prefer Lorraine's method and that's not too much effort, so maybe we'll just stick with that. We'll see - convenience does certainly have it's advantages...

No comments: