Monday, January 06, 2020

Theme of the Month: Fitness

It's unlikely that I'll have a theme for every month this year, and there's a good chance that I may repeat a few. However, for the month of January, I'm very definitely setting a theme, and that is fitness. This is motivated by my repeated failures to lose any significant weight over the last several years, coupled with not really getting started on the fitness programmes I've had set up at the gym. Still, we'll need to see how it goes - simply setting a theme doesn't actually mean it's done.

I've made something of a start on the theme this afternoon, with my first trip to the gym of the year. It went okay, but wasn't spectacular - there will be a fairly long period of building up the routines until they cover all of the programmes I was given. But that's fine.

But there's more to fitness than just going to the gym. Another part of it will be fixing my diet, which has been excessive for too long. (That starts tomorrow; due to a family birthday it doesn't make much sense to start today.) And then there are other aspects of fitness: mental, emotional, psychological. Not to mention a more general fitness in my lifestyle - a general tune-up of finances, another round of decluttering, and so forth.

So it's going to be a busy few weeks. But a worthwhile one, I think.

#1: "Lethal White", by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)

No comments: