Thursday, January 09, 2020

Experimental Cookery 2020: Spiced Sausage Gnocchi with(out) Warm Kale & Bean Salad

Following hot on the heels of the Macaroni Cheese comes the second Experimental Cookery of the year. This one comes from Jamie's "15 Minute Meals", and indeed took close to the fifteen minutes. Though I only really did half of it - rather than serving the warm kale and bean salad I instead served with just some peas, beans, and mangetout.

This was a nice, pleasant meal to produce, and was very tasty. Despite producing considerably more than we really needed, LC and I ate almost all of it, which is always a good sign. (Funsize rejected it completely - she seems to be going through a phase of refusing any and all food I cook for her. Though it turns out I hadn't actually intended to give her this at all - my food planner recommended chicken instead.)

The only minor adjustment I would make to this would be to slightly reduce the amount of fennel, which is rather strong taste that I'd be inclined to tone down. Otherwise, we'll no doubt be having this again - I was well pleased with the result.

#2: "Dragon of Icespire Peak", from Wizards of the Coast

No comments: