Monday, November 16, 2020

Experimental Cookery 2020: Rich Pork Goulash with Gnocchi

This one came from "The Great British Bake Off Winter Kitchen" - a book that I like more in theory than in practice, though one that does have some good entries. This one caught my eye largely for the gnocchi, which I really like. (Though LC, alas, does not. Funsize also refused.)

Anyway, this was a quick and easy preparation followed by a long, slow bake - ideal time to go off and do something else. There's certainly a lot to be said for just allowing the oven to take the strain!

The result was very nice. LC certainly enjoyed it a bit more than the goat goulash we've had before. I also thought it was fine, though I remain uncertain as to whether the remaining two portions will freeze okay. All in all a success.

No comments: