Saturday, December 19, 2020

The Big Shop

For the past few months, the Tesco shop has been first thing on a Friday morning - I would drop Funsize at nursery, head to Tesco, get it done, and then start work for the day. This has the big advantage of getting to the store when it's really quiet, and also doesn't take away from any of my 'good' time - that is, evenings or weekends.

Unfortunately, yesterday I was booked in meetings from 8.30 right through the whole day, which meant that I couldn't do the weekly shop. And, of course, the next two Fridays are unavailable due to the store being closed. This meant that the weekly shop this week had to be pushed back to today, and had to get enough supplies in to last us well past Christmas.

And, to add to the fun, I discovered this morning when assembling the list that many of our stocks had run out, so that needed added. The upshot of that was that today's list was going to be a big one - and to be done on a Saturday which is, of course, the worst possible day of the week to go for.

In the event, it wasn't too bad. Although I just couldn't face getting up at 6am this morning, I did get ready reasonably early, and so got there before the big rush. And thanks to a carefully-constructed list, I was able to get around reasonably quickly. The only real annoyance was in the few occasions when I really wanted to get past someone - which is normally fine, but not an option in these days.

I'm now very hopeful that I've got everything to cover us until the Monday after Christmas. I really don't want to have to head out again before the big day - each day is just going to be that bit worse, and the only day I'm not working is Christmas Eve. But if there's a need...

But with that, and all being well, that's all my preparation for Christmas done.

No comments: