Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Three Down...

As I noted late last month, I had four tasks for Christmas: the decorations, the cards, the presents, and the food. As of this weekend the final presents have been purchased and, where applicable, wrapped. The cards were dealt with last weekend and the decorations the week before so, unless I've forgotten something, I have now completed three of my four tasks.

I should also note that in that time I have also managed my Christmas baking - another batch of mince pies. These were great, but for two small details: firstly, the plan had been for Funsize to help with these, but she opted to sleep instead; secondly, Funsize also rejected the mince pies as something to eat, which left me with the full batch to consume. Oh, the horrors!

Anyway, the upshot is that I now only have a single task remaining for Christmas, which leaves me with a Christmas that is perhaps not stress-free (since nothing is this year), but is at least as relaxed as the year will allow. Which is a win in my book.

(The menu for the Christmas food has been settled on also - turkey dinner with the usual trimmings on the day, followed by a turkey and ham casserole on Boxing Day, and then curried turkey later in the week. LC is going to provide the starter and the dessert on Christmas Day, and we'll be having a non-alcoholic sparkling not-wine with the meal. And, of course, a nice buffet supper later.)

No comments: