Thursday, May 06, 2021

Can't Say I Enjoyed That

This morning I dropped Funsize off at nursery and then went in to the polling place and voted. And, for the first time ever, I found myself feeling bad about doing so - although I came to bitterly regret my vote for Labour in 1997, that wasn't until some years later; today I regretted my vote even as I cast it.

Unfortunately, I find myself in a position where I object strongly to at least something being proposed by all of the parties that have any chance of being elected, which meant either wasting my vote or finding a least-worst option. And so, since there is one thing I definitely do want, and I can see only one way that that might happen, that's where the vote went.

Sadly, I can't help the feeling that my chosen government if (when) elected will then proceed to kick the thing I do want into the long grass, and instead focus on all of the things that I find so objectionable. And, of course, they'll use my vote as justification for exactly that. All of which sucks.

We'll see, I guess.

As of right now, though, today was my last vote. The game's a bogey.


No comments: