Thursday, January 20, 2022

Baking with Funsize #6: Jammy Cut-out Biscuits

This was an interesting one: the effort of putting the dough together was of little interest to Funsize, but once it had come together she thoroughly enjoyed cutting out the shapes. Unfortunately, I rolled the biscuits out a little thinly, which meant that they came out a little over-baked. But they tasted fine for all that.

(I should take a moment to thank one of Funsize's uncles, who helped complete the biscuits when I was distracted - Funsize had great fun adding the jam and sticking them together.)



Next up will be the long-delayed lace biscuits with lime cream, I think. The next biscuits in the book have some elements that don't inspire me, so I'm inclined to go back and fill in the gaps, but that will likely be not next week but the week after.

No comments: