Friday, August 05, 2022

The Orville: New Horizons

The third season of "The Orville" has been streaming on Disney+, and came to an end last night. For the most part it has been a fantastic third season - it's probably not the best place for new viewers to start, but otherwise it has been exceptional.

I was extremely surprised by the final episode, which was not at all what I was expecting. That said, I very much enjoyed the episode, and felt that it made for an extremely good finale for the series as a whole. At the moment it isn't clear whether there will be a fourth season or not, and I now find myself torn. On the one hand, it has been left with a really strong platform for continuing; on the other hand, that last episode makes for a near-perfect sendoff. So maybe it's better to let it go at this point.

Anyway, this is yet another success for Disney+, which is by far the strongest of our three subscriptions. And it is highly recommended.

No comments: