Thursday, August 25, 2022

Took a While

I finally finished "The Angel's Game" yesterday, after having started it at the end of June. Indeed, it was the book that caused me to get so badly bogged down and therefore not complete any in July.

I should note that the reason I got bogged down was nothing to do with the quality of the novel - I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially as I got further into it. But the issue is that it's very much not a quick read, and with time being so limited my notion that I could knock it out in a week was clearly laughable.

Still, it's good to be done with it. Hopefully I'll now be able to pick up the pace a little now - I've narrowed my ambitions down to completing a further twelve books this year, and even that looks oddly tight. (Some of the ones I'm hoping to tackle are huge.)

#23: "The Angel's Game", by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (probably the book of the year so far)

1 comment:

Kezzie said...

I think I would have given up on that book so well done for persevering!