Monday, January 30, 2023

A Good Job Done

I started the Christmas break with a list of seven things I would like to get done. On Saturday I finally completed the fifth of these (and one of them was actually done by LC on my behalf). My available free time is painfully limited these days.

Anyway, the task in question was a repair of one of our 'kitchen' units (actually in the utility room) -  more or less since we first moved in it has gradually been collapsing, and although it was still usable it had increasingly been bugging me.

The fix was reasonably easy - empty the unit and clear all weight from the counter above it, then remove the door. Then I put a fairly liberal coating of wood glue on the two bits that should be joined, and hammered the unit back together. And then, to provide some additional support I drove four nails into the wood where it joined.

The unit was then left overnight, before having the door re-hung and the contents replaced. Job done!

No comments: