Monday, January 09, 2023

Experimental Cookery 2023: Pepperoni Chicken Bake

We were due for a disaster. We aren't any longer.

This one came from Tom Kerridge's "Real Life Recipes" book, which was one of two new cookbooks I received for Christmas. It was quick and easy to put together, and was made up of nice, cheap ingredients. That was all to the good.

Unfortunately, it all went horribly wrong when we plated up and started to eat - the chicken was still raw in the middle! The meal was therefore discarded and replaced with a pizza. That was nice, at least.

I think the issue here was that I made up the sauce, browned the chicken, the placed it into the fridge for some time - this meant the meat went into the oven cooler than expected and so didn't cook through. But I'm not really sure. In any case, I'm going to take the blame for this one.

That said, I think we're unlikely to try it again.

No comments: