Monday, January 30, 2023

Clearing the Backlog

One of my rules when counting books is that I don't include graphic novels. Which makes some sense, since they tend to be rather too slight - although some of the things that I do count as books are almost trivial, I don't for instance count the books I read to Funsize each night.

However, last year as I fell behind in my reading, my desire to "catch up" meant that any and all extraneous reading was dropped - if it didn't count to the total, it didn't happen.

The upshot of that is that the three graphic novels that I received as Christmas gifts in 2021 never got read.

Now that we're into a new year and the total is reset, and especially since the goal has been utterly revised, I'm now taking a different approach, and will prioritize getting those three off of the backlog. To be followed by all the other books I have waiting.

(Oh, and just in case there was any doubt: the target of 60 books a year is very definitely not happening this year. Any notion that it might has been spectacularly debunked by January.)

#3: "Dragons of Stormwreck Isle", by Wizards of the Coast.

No comments: