Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Day 100: Update on Goals

The second update on goals for the year:

  • Books: By this point I should have read 8.2 books. I've completed 7 books, with three in (slow) progress, so I'm behind but not terribly so. I'll try to rectify that for next time.
  • Blogging: Oh dear. This goal is going horribly wrong, and already looks to be impossible. We'll see - maybe there will be a flurry of posts for next time... but I'm not hopeful.
  • Redecoration: As I anticipated in my previous update, we have now done the bulk of the redecoration of Surprise!'s bedroom - the walls have been repainted, the pictures changed over, the one key picture moved to Funsize's room, and new lightshades installed in both bedrooms. The new carpet is on order and due to arrive tomorrow, after which we will hang one final decoration and call it done. I would still like to look into improved insulation for Funsize's bedroom, and LC has expressed a desire to re-repaint the study and replace the carpet in that room, but those are tasks for later in the year (and the study isn't part of the stated goal anyway).
  • Complete my Campaign: The campaign is still on the verge of completing Part Three and moving to Part Four. I have managed to get some writing done, such that I'm down to just over 5,000 words to go (from 6,000). It's now a race to try to write it up before the characters get to that point.
  • Update the Church Website: The stability issues on the church website were tracked to one bad plugin, which has now been removed. This allowed me to restore the site security, which is a big relief. The only remaining part of this task is to refresh some of the content, but that's not entirely in my gift.

The conclusion is a lot more positive than it was last time - I'm a little behind on the reading and horribly behind on the blogging, but have made very significant progress on all three of the other goals. My challenge for next time is therefore to try to be rather less behind!

No comments: