Monday, April 29, 2024

Experimental Cookery 2024: Digger Cake

And so we come to the showpiece of the weekend...

Young Surprise! turned three last week, and we had his birthday party on Saturday. Being a typical boy, he is obsessed with dinosaurs, trains, and tractors. But his particular favourite is Diggers! And so the challenge for our hero was to craft a nice Digger Cake for this birthday...

I'm rather pleased with this one:


The cake itself was baked on Friday night, after I'd finally battled Funsize and Surprise! off to sleep (LC was out). Saturday morning then saw me mixing up a huge bowl of buttercream icing which was liberally applied to the sponges. Then the cake was ringed with Kitkat fingers, and decorated as can be seen.

The cake itself disappeared very quickly, which I'm taking as a good sign. Certainly, I enjoyed eating it!

Of course, I've now raised the bar as to what is possible, which may be something I come to regret...

No comments: