Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Rather Annoying

Last last week I received a letter from my gym informing me that the monthly cost of membership will be going up. That's not actually unreasonable - it was a fairly small increase, it's subsidised anyway, and it's been a long time since they put their prices up. So that was fair enough.

Except...

The gym has two sets of changing rooms. That is, there are two ladies' changing rooms and two gents' changing rooms. This is a good thing, because for the past few months, one of the gents' changing rooms has been out of action, partly due to some damage and partly for a long-overdue refurbishment.

Again, that's fine.

But this Monday when I got to the gym I found that not only was that gents' changing room out of action, but the other gents' changing room had been assigned for the exclusive use of a boys' club they're running for the summer. Today when I went, it was still reserved for the same purpose, and indeed the website indicates that it will be block-booked for that purpose for the next six weeks.

Meaning that in the week when they write to me to inform me they're putting up the price I'm paying they've also left me without the ability to use the service for which I'm paying that money.

It's fair to say that I'm slightly peeved at this.

#33: "Pathfinder: Borne by the Sun's Grace", by Luis Loza

No comments: