Monday, March 07, 2022

Doomscrolling

I don't know much about the situation in Ukraine. The truth is that the whole thing is very distressing, and there's basically nothing I can do about it. Plus, the situation has the potential to become outright apocalyptic, and there's not a single thing I can do about that. So there is absolutely no benefit in wallowing in the wall-to-wall coverage of the whole thing, and sink into a mire of horror.

The upshot of all of that is that I'm not qualified to give an opinion on basically any of it, what anyone should be doing as a response, or what I think is going to happen. I'm hoping that either Putin will see sense, or that wiser heads in Russia will act to remove him, and that the consequence is a very rapid de-escalation... but I don't see any reason to think that that will happen.

And that's all I have to say on that one.

#10: "The Outsiders", by S.E. Hinton (a book from The List - five to go)

No comments: