Tuesday, March 29, 2022

The Saga Continues

After two attempts, I managed to arrange with BT to get our landline service reconnected. During the course of that call, I specifically asked if our number would remain the same - if we have to tell everyone the number has changed, we might as well just tell them it's disconnected and give up. Anyway, it was confirmed that the number would stay the same.

Naturally, it didn't.

So today saw me make another call to BT, to speak to another person, tell the tale yet again... and this time an order was placed to renumber our line back to the value we had. Apparently, it should happen on Monday. I suppose twelve days isn't bad for a 'seamless' transition of an unrelated problem.

On the plus side, the assistant I spoke to today was quite impressive, so I'm at least hopeful...

No comments: