Friday, March 25, 2022

Should Have Seen That Coming

About a week ago we agreed to take a new broadband contract - a very slight increase in speed for a very slight increase in price, but otherwise no changes... and then no need to worry for two years. In the course of the call I asked, and had it confirmed, that our landline would be unaffected.

Naturally, our landline has now stopped working. And, of course, I'm now getting the runaround - their computer says that I don't have landline services on my account (since they've removed them), and so of course they don't work. Presumably the next step is that they'll offer to add them to our package, all for the low low price of...

The thing that infuriates me about this, other than it being yet another cock up by yet another internet company (are any of them any use at all?), and other than it being yet another thing I really didn't need to be dealing with, is that the landline is almost completely useless to us - about 99% of the time the phone rings it's a nuisance call. Unfortunately, there is still that 1% of calls that are actually important.

Gah!

No comments: