Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Snooze

I've always tried to resist the use of the snooze function on my alarm - I've generally been of the view that I'd rather build the extra few minutes into my sleep, and get up straight away with a later alarm. (Plus, my understanding is that this gives better sleep overall anyway.) Granted, there have been times the snooze alarm has gone off, but that's been because I've not stopped the alarm properly for one reason or another.

Until this week.

On Tuesday, to my lasting shame, when my alarm went off I just couldn't face getting up. So the snooze went on, and I snoozed indeed.

Granted, that had been after a difficult night in which Surprise! had gotten me out of bed for an hour about 3am, and when I returned I found that Funsize had evicted me (and so I slept the rest of the night in her bed). But still.

Anyway, we survived this great horror. This time.

No comments: