Monday, August 19, 2019

Congratulations to Them

On Saturday it was the World Pipe Band Championships. I didn't go.

However, in the evening while looking after Funsize, I did switch on the BBC's handy web-stream long enough to watch a key part of the prize-giving - specifically the Grade 4B results.

Camelon and District Pipe Band, my former band, came 3rd on the day, but also won the Grade 4B Champion of Champion awards, bring to an end their best season in living memory. So a great many congratulations to them.

Of course, it's somewhat galling that the moment I left was also the moment that they got really good. I wish I could say I believed that was entirely coincidental.

#41: "The Secret Life of Bees", by Sue Monk Kidd (a book from The List)
#42: "Pathfinder: The Emerald Spire Superdungeon", from Paizo Publishing

No comments: